Trade on the go with MetaTrader 4 and your iOS device - download MT4 for iOS today. Read on, and we’ll show you how to:
Quotes for financial instruments are shown in your mobile terminal in real-time. You can choose how quotes are displayed: Simple (symbol, Ask and Bid prices) or Advanced (adds time of last tick, spread, High and Low prices).
To add a symbol to the Quotes tab:
- Tap + in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select a group of symbols.
- Tap the green + to add instrument(s).
- When you’ve added the instruments you want to see in the Quotes tab, tap Done.
To delete a symbol from the main window of the Quotes tab:
- Tap the edit icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the symbol to be deleted.
- Tap the red basket icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Once you’ve deleted the instrument(s), tap the Edit icon.
To open a chart for any instrument:
- Go to Quotes.
- Tap the instruments and then tap Chart.
To change chart type:
- Tap anywhere on the chart, then tap Settings.
- Choose a chart type. You can use three types of real-time charts in the mobile terminal: Bar Chart, Candlestick, and Line Chart.
- Tap the Back button.
To change timeframe:
- Tap the current timeframe in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select a timeframe. The mobile terminal for iOS supports 9 timeframes: M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, D1, W1, and MN.
To add indicators:
- Tap anywhere on the chart, then tap Indicators.
- Tap Main window.
- Select an indicator. You have access to thirty technical indicators on the iOS app.
- Specify settings for the selected indicator.
- Tap Done.
To open an order:
- Go to Quotes.
- Tap the symbol you want to trade and then tap Trade.
- Enter the lot size, and optionally set the Stop Loss, and Take Profit as well.
- Tap Sell by Market to sell or Buy by Market to buy, when you are ready.
You will then receive a notification that the order has been opened successfully.
To close an order:
- Go to Trade.
- Tap an order to see its details (S/L, T/P, order ID, swap, etc.).
- Press and hold the order, then tap Close.
- Confirm that you want to close the order by tapping Close.
You will receive a notification that the order has been closed.
To keep track of all activity for your session in MT4, a Journal is automatically kept as you are logged in, and it refreshes daily. Navigate to Settings, then select Journal to be shown a log of your session’s activities. The Journal is useful for tracking errors, and it can be emailed to keep as a record by tapping the mail-icon on the top-right of the screen.
Stay up to date with the latest economic news, all within the MT4 app! Simply navigate to Settings, then select News to be presented with a selection of articles from FXStreet. You can also tap each individual item to open up the full article in detail.