Take advantage of our free-of-charge VPS (Virtual Private Server) for quicker trades, offline functionality, and much more.
Read on to learn how you can use it to support your trading at Exness.
- What is a VPS?
- How to get your Exness VPS
- How to connect to your Exness VPS
- How to install Expert Advisors
- How to set your VPS password
- How to keep your VPS secure
What is a VPS?
A Virtual Private Server (VPS) is a remote terminal solution that benefits from reduced latency and downtime, as it is unaffected by power cuts or computer crashes; even when your terminal is closed, our VPS will keep trading for you.
Why traders use Exness’ VPS
Our VPS is located close to the Exness trading servers in Amsterdam, which is important as it can considerably improve the quality and speed of your connection. Lower latency allows your automated strategies to react faster to potential trading opportunities and market events than other market participants.
A VPS is critical for serious traders who want to automate their strategies and finetune their response time.
You can use your own VPS to trade on our servers, however we cannot guarantee the connection quality, so we encourage you to apply for the Exness VPS.
How to get your Exness VPS
To qualify for our free VPS, an account in your Personal Area (PA) must meet the following requirements:
- You must have deposited USD 500 or more (or equivalent in your account currency).
- You must have a Free Margin of USD 100 or more at the time of request.
- You must have USD 100 Free Margin for the duration of the application period.
Then, to apply for Exness VPS, you must get in touch with our Support Team to provide the account number of the account that meets the above requirements and your PA secret word.
When we’ve processed your request for a VPS, usually within 5 working days, we’ll send you an email with all the details you need to get started. Also take note that only one VPS per PA is offered at this time.
If the account that your VPS is connected to is idle (showing no trading activity) for 14 consecutive days, you’ll receive a suspension notification via email. If there is still no trading activity after an additional 2 days, we will suspend your VPS service with all data stored by the VPS cleared and unrecoverable.
If you do not trade on your account while waiting for the request to process, those days will count towards the 14-day warning as above - we recommend you keep trading during the application if you wish to avoid this.
How to connect to your Exness VPS
How to install Expert Advisors
To install an Expert Advisor:
- Log in to your account on the VPS server.
If you previously configured the display of local disks in your account, proceed to Step 2. If not, configure your settings as explained previously in our installation video above.
- To install an Expert Advisor on your remote desktop, click Start > Computer.
- Under Other, open your local disk, which looks like this: on.
- Launch MetaTrader 4.
- Click File > Open Data Directory.
- Open the MQL4 folder and paste the files for experts, scripts, and indicators into the corresponding folders (Experts, Scripts, Indicators).
- Restart MetaTrader 4.
If your Expert Advisor is a .exe file, save it to your remote desktop and get in touch with our Support Team for assistance.
How to set your VPS password
How to keep your VPS secure
Please remember that you should never share your Exness VPS username and password with anyone. Allowing others to access your VPS hosting puts your account and funds at risk.