A screenshot is a snapshot of the screen on your computer or mobile device.
At times, when you contact Support, we may ask you for a screenshot to better understand the issue you are facing and help you as quickly as possible. You can take screenshots of your trading terminal, Personal Area, and the Exness website.
Here is a guide on taking screenshots on all below platforms:
To take a screenshot on the desktop version of MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5:
- Click File → Save as picture.
- Select either Active chart or Active chart (as is). If you need to take a screenshot that includes the Trade, Log, or Account history tabs, then select Active workspace.
If you wish to have the image available as a link:
- Check the box for Post image online in MQL5 Charts service and get the link.
- Click OK.
- The image will immediately be uploaded to the MQL5 Charts service and loaded in your web-browser like FireFox or Chrome.
If you wish to save the screenshot to a folder on your computer:
- Leave the Post image online in MQL5 Charts service and get the link checkbox blank.
- Click OK.
- Choose the file name, format and location to save the file.
- On your desktop keyboard look for the Print Screen key. It should be labelled: PrntScrn, PrtScn, PrtScr or PrtSc. When you press this key, a screenshot will be taken and put on your clipboard. If you're using a laptop, press Fn + Print Screen.
- Open any image editor, e.g. Paint (Start → All Programs → Accessories → Paint), and then paste the image from the clipboard (use the Paste button in Paint or Ctrl + V).
- Save the screenshot to a file. Go to File → Save as or press Ctrl + S. We recommend the following formats: PNG, JPEG or GIF.
- Press ⌘ command/ cmd + Shift + 3 to take a screenshot.
- Save it to your desktop.
- Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard to take a screenshot.
- Follow the prompts to save it.
You can also use the Ubuntu screenshot tool (Accessories → Screenshot), which lets you take screenshots with a delay.
- Press and hold the Sleep/On button and the Home button at the same time.
- A screenshot will be automatically saved to the phone's camera roll.
- Press and hold the Sleep/On button and the Volume down button at the same time.
- A screenshot will be automatically saved to the phone's photo gallery.
On certain Android phones you can take a screenshot using other key combinations. This information is usually provided in the reference material for a specific model or on the manufacturer's website.
That’s it. You can now take a screenshot like a pro. Happy Trading!