Exness offers a wide range of payment methods for making convenient deposits from any part of the world. Payments are only accepted from accounts in the client's own name, so third party accounts are not accepted.
Trading accounts return a “trading disabled” error in the trading terminal if trading is attempted before making a qualifying first deposit; complete a successful deposit to fix this error.
The two most important things to keep in mind when making deposits:
The most convenient method for your first deposit will depend on which payment methods are available in your region. Log into your Personal Area to visit the Deposit area and note details like minimum/maximum deposits and processing times.
The payment method
Choosing a payment method is the step so consider the following:
- Complete your economic profile and identity verification: some payment methods have verification requirements, so we encourage you to completely verify your account to enable all payment methods.
- Choose the right currency: deposits in the same currency as the one set for your trading account help you avoid conversion charges. However, the account currency cannot be changed once a trading account is created.
Tip: You can create new trading accounts if you need one set to a specific currency.
- The processing speed of deposits: payment method processing times vary, so confirm them in your Personal Area.
- Deposit fees: most payment methods have no fees on deposits into your trading accounts, but may require a minimum deposit amount to avoid third party deposit fees. Confirm any third party deposit fees before making your first deposit.
The first time deposit amount
Once you have chosen your preferred deposit method, consider how much to deposit.
The minimum first time deposit requirement will depend on both the trading account type and the payment method chosen.
- Account type: professional account types present their own unique first time minimum deposit, but this minimum deposit requirement only applies to the first deposit. Standard account types only require a minimum first-time deposit that matches the payment method selected.
- Payment method: payment methods present a minimum deposit requirement that applies to every deposit; not only the first deposit.
Your first time deposit should match the highest of these two factors.
For example, if a Pro account requires a minimum first-time deposit of USD 200 while the payment method has a minimum deposit amount of USD 10, your first-time deposit should be at least USD 200.
An error message will appear in your Personal Area to notify you if your deposit is less than the amount needed for the payment method.
Trading is disabled on newly created real accounts until the minimum first-time deposit requirements are met. You will see a ‘trading disabled’ error message or the New Order button will be grayed out when you try to open an order on the trading platform before making your first deposit.
To learn more about available payment methods and to view our library of how to videos, visit the payment systems area.
For more information on deposits in general, follow the link for our article about deposits.