There are a great variety of payment methods on offer to make trading easier for you, but there are a few things to keep in mind as you make your first deposit. These considerations will make your user experience that much simpler so that you can get started with confidence.
Please note that Exness only accepts payments from accounts in the client's own name. Payments from third party accounts are not accepted.
The two most important things to keep in mind:
The Payment method
As there are so many to choose from, keep in mind that each payment method will have its own advantages to you, whether it be the transaction processing speed or the ease of use in your local currency. This makes the choice of which method to use of the utmost importance to you.
Here are a few tips on making the right choice:
- Your account currency vs deposit currency: if your deposit currency differs from your trading account currency, the funds will be subject to the prevailing foreign exchange rate before being credited to your account. When your deposit was subject to conversion, the conversion rate that was applied can be found on the payment confirmation page.
- Deposit in your local currency: deposit funds in the same currency as your account currency to avoid conversion rates; for example, if your trading account currency is USD, deposit in USD. You cannot set an existing trading account’s currency, but you can set this when making a new trading account.
Tip: Since Exness supports deposits from a wide variety of local payment systems, it is possible for you to make deposits in the currency used in your country. Head on over to your Deposit tab in your Personal Area to see what payment systems are supported in your country.
- The processing speed of deposits: the majority of payment methods offered support instant deposits, which means that once a deposit is carried out within seconds without manual processing by financial department specialists. This results in funds being credited to your trading account within seconds but for some payment methods, processing times can vary from within 24 hours to up to 3-5 working days.
The processing times for each payment method are listed within your Personal Area.
- Deposit fees: most payment methods have no fee imposed on deposits into your trading accounts, however some payment methods present differing minimum depositing amounts if you want to avoid third party deposit fees. Before making your first deposit, please check for possible third party deposit fees.
Once you have decided on your optimal deposit method, it is time to decide how much to deposit is right for you.
Here is a checklist to help you make that choice:
- Minimum deposit requirements are based on your chosen payment method; confirm these details here on the website, or when selecting the payment method in your Personal Area. If applicable, an error in the Personal Area will let you know when you deposit less than the amount permissible.
- The margin for any open trades is held based on your chosen leverage, so check if the amount to be deposited is sufficient to open more trades based on your current leverage setting. Use our handy trader’s calculator to assist in calculating margin.
To learn more about available payment methods and to view our library of how to videos, visit the Payments area of our Help center.
For more information on deposits in general, follow the link for our article about deposits.