Demo trading accounts simulate real trading conditions but do not require real money to open orders. The trading conditions are exactly as they would be in the trading account were real, including order volume limits, leverage, and required margin based on the trading account type.
Demo trading accounts are available on MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 for every trading account type, except Standard Cent.
This article details all you need to know about demo trading accounts.
How to open a demo trading account
- Log in to your Personal Area.
- Open the My Accounts area.
- Click Open New Account.
- Choose a trading account type (Standard Cent unavailable) from those presented, and click Try Demo.
- Select either MT4 or MT5 as a trading platform, then set:
- Max leverage
- Starting balance
- Account currency
- Account nickname
- Trading password
- Click Create an account.
- The demo trading account is available in the Demo tab of the My Accounts area.
New demo trading accounts can also be created with Exness Trade.
How to top up a demo trading account
Web Personal Area:
- Log in to your Personal Area.
- Open the My Accounts area, then select the Demo tab.
- Click Set Balance on the demo trading account you want to top up.
- In Grid view the 3-dot menu should be opened to find the Set Balance option.
- The balance set can be lower or higher than the current balance.
- The balance can only be set in the demo account currency.
- Enter the desired balance, then click Set Balance to confirm.
- The demo trading account’s new balance is set.
- Open Exness Trade.
- From the Accounts tab, tap the account dropdown and select the Demo tab.
- Select the demo account you want to top up from the list.
- Tap the Deposit option.
- Enter the amount deposit, then tap Continue.
- The amount is now deposited into the demo trading account.
Demo trading account FAQ
Read on for frequently asked questions about demo accounts that we hope are useful.
Got a question about demo accounts that is not answered below? Learn how to suggest a question that can be added below.
Which trading account types offer demo trading accounts?
Standard, Pro, Raw Spread, and Zero trading accounts have demo trading account options; Standard Cent does not include demo trading accounts.
Which trading platforms offer demo trading accounts?
You can create demo trading accounts for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. Any trading platform available can be used to trade with demo trading accounts, including Exness Trade.
What is the difference between a real trading account and a demo trading account?
A real trading account will use real funds to open orders, while demo trading accounts use virtual funds. All trading conditions are identical for real and demo trading accounts.
Do demo trading accounts use real money?
No, virtual money is used to open orders with demo trading accounts so no deposit of real money is necessary to trade on demo trading accounts.
What verification documents are required for a demo account?
You only need to register an Exness account to use a demo trading account; no verification documents are required. However, a valid email and/or mobile phone number are required to register an Exness account and verification documents are required to fully verify an Exness account.