If you are using the latest OSX version, Mojave, you might come across this error message when trying to install MetaTrader on your Mac:
MacOS includes a technology called Gatekeeper, which is designed to ensure that only trusted software runs on your Mac. Since MetaTrader terminals are not an Apple developed or signed software, Gatekeeper will not allow the system to continue with the installation by default.
The solution? Follow the steps below to allow macOS to install your MT4/ MT5 terminal:
- Download the MT4 or MT5 installation file.
- Run the installation, and drag MT4/ MT5 app to the Applications folder on your Mac.
- Launch the Terminal window by pressing Command + spacebar and typing terminal.
- Copy the command below and paste it in your Terminal window
a) For MT4:sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine ~/Applications/MT4.app
b) For MT5:sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine ~/Applications/MT5.app
- Enter your Mac device user password and press Enter.
- Close the Terminal window and launch the MT4/ MT5 platform.
If this didn’t help, please contact our helpful Support Team.