Many reasons may present this sort of error, with a variation of the message “trading is disabled”. Troubleshooting this error will depend on which trading terminal you are using: MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5.
- In MT4: the New Order button will be active, but a “Trading is Disabled” error will appear in the Journal tab of the trading terminal.
- In MT5: the New Order button will be grayed out and inactive.
An error of this type is commonly caused the following scenarios (less common scenarios may exist):
Trading has been disabled for that particular account
In this case there are a couple of things you can do to fix the problem:
- Ensure you have completed the minimum first-time deposit into that trading account. Without a qualifying first-time deposit, MT4 will display the “Trade is disabled” error message whenever attempting to open a new order. For MT5, the New Order button will be grayed out and inactive.
- Complete your Exness account verification; unverified accounts have restrictions placed on them that include disabled trading 30 days after a first-time deposit. In this case the trading terminal will display an error message. Follow the link to learn how to fully verify your Exness profile.
Trading has been disabled for a particular instrument
Trading instruments can temporarily or permanently become disabled. If you you try to trade with these while they are disabled, you will see an error message in the Order window:
- MT4 displays the error: “Trade: No”
- MT5 displays the error: “Trade: Disabled”
To confirm the specific instrument has been disabled, follow this link to check instrument availability. You can also try to trade with a different instrument to confirm that this is the reason for the error.
Orders are made with an archived trading account
Trading accounts become archived after a period of inactivity and any attempt to open an order with an archived trading account will fail. This can be solved by restoring the trading account before attempting to open new orders.
To restore archived trading accounts:
- Log in to your Personal Area.
- Select the Archived tab in the My Accounts area.
- Choose the trading account you would like to restore and click Reactivate.
If you are still seeing an error that prevents you from trading, and neither reason above explains it, please contact Support for further assistance.