Download the MetaTrader 5 platform on all your iOS devices and trade on the go. In this article, we will take you through all there is to know about using the MT5 iOS app.
- Download, install and configure
- Account Management
- Place a trade
Download, install and configure the MetaTrader 5 App
Watch this video to learn how to download, install and configure the MT5 iOS application in a few simple steps. The video also acts as a tutorial on how to use the app.
You can manage multiple trading accounts with MT5, though not all can be active at once. Follow the steps below to add more trading accounts to your app.
To add a trading account:
- Open MetaTrader 5 and select Settings.
- Tap New Account and enter “Exness” in the search bar. Select the trading server appropriate for your trading account.
- Enter your trading account’s number and trading account password, then tap Sign In.
To switch the active trading account:
- Open MetaTrader 5 and go to Settings.
- Tap the arrow next to the account displayed on the top of the page. You will find all the accounts logged in to on the app.
- Tap on any account to log in.
- MetaTrader 5 will now be logged in with that trading account.
Place a trade
1. Click on Quotes to find the financial instrument of your liking
- You can add instruments to the list by clicking + or remove instruments by clicking the pencil icon. Select the instruments you want to remove and simply tap the bin icon.
2. To open an order:
- Go to Quotes.
- Tap the instrument you want to trade, then tap Trade.
- Set your order parameters (i.e. Volume, Stop Loss, Take profit, Deviation, etc.)
- Tap Buy or Sell.
3. To set a pending order:
- Tap Instant Execution or Market Execution (based on your account type and trading instrument).
- Choose one of the pending orders and set your order parameters (i.e. Price, Stop Loss, Take profit, Expiration).
- Tap Place.
You will then receive a notification that the order has been placed/opened successfully.
To close/modify an order:
- Go to Trade.
- Tap an order to see its details (Price, Stop Loss, Take Profit, order ID, etc.).
- To modify the order, tap Modify position and set up your desired parameters (Stop Loss and Take Profit).
- If you want to close the order, tap Close position. Verify price and hit Close.
You will receive a notification that the order has been closed.
To add, remove, or reorder instruments:
- Go to Quotes.
- Click on the + icon, which opens a list of all the groups of instruments available for trading.
- Tap + beside the instrument you want to add and it will be automatically added to your Quotes window. Click Done.
- To remove instruments from the list, click the pencil icon and select all the instruments you would like to remove. Tap the bin icon. You can also reorder the instruments by clicking the icon on the extreme right, and dragging them as per your choice.
To keep track of all your activities on the app, a Journal is automatically kept as you are logged in, and it refreshes daily.
- Tap on Settings.
- Choose Journal.
The Journal is useful for tracking errors, and it can be emailed to keep as a record by tapping the mail-icon on the top-right of the screen.
Stay up to date with the latest economic news, all within the MT5 app!
To locate, simply navigate to Settings, then select News to be presented with a selection of articles from FXStreet. You can also tap each individual item to open up the full article in detail.
Congratulations, now you can use your MT5 for iOS with confidence.