The No Connection error appears in the MT4 and MT5 trading terminals and can be caused by a few things.
Consider these possibilities:
In the case of unstable internet, these are some things you can do:
- Run a speed test (follow the link for the speed test) for a full report on your internet connection; this will help you confirm your connection is stable.
- Can you connect to other online services? If not, check that all internet cables are secure.
- Reset your modem/router by turning it off for at least 5 seconds before turning it back on again; this can help refresh a connection that may have become unstable or stale.
- While the trading terminal is active, click where the No Connection error is displayed to show a list of servers and an option to Login. Click Rescan Servers here to refresh the server list and check the ping (measured in ms); ping shows you how long a connection is taking to communicate with the servers.
If any of these show that your internet connection is unstable, then it is best to correct the internet connection or the “no connection” error will continue to occur.
If you have a VPN service active while using the trading terminal, it can cause similar problems that an unstable internet connection can cause, such as slow response times and no connection issues in the case that the VPN service experiences an outage.
If you have a VPN service running, try to disable it and restart the trading terminal to see if this corrects the error.
Firewall and Antivirus Software
If you use a firewall, it can conflict with your trading terminal by limiting or blocking internet traffic through the application.
In order to solve this, try either:
- Adding your trading terminal to the list of Firewall and Antivirus Software exceptions.
- Disable your firewall or antivirus software altogether, and log in again to see if it corrects the issue.
You may require the Exness Support team to assist you if you consistently have the no connection issue, as our team can provide IP address/DNS details to log in to the terminal.