Log files contain information similar to that on the Journal tab of a trading terminal, e.g. info about starting the terminal, opening and closing orders, errors, the installation of indicators and Expert Advisors, the server connection, etc. This information can be helpful when analyzing the execution of your orders, so if you contact us about an order, we may ask you to provide log files.
Read on to learn how to get:
- Log files on desktop terminals
- Log files on Android mobile terminals
- Log files on iOS mobile terminals
- Log files on the WebTerminal
- Log files on Exness Trade
- Log files on the Personal Area
Please note that these steps work for both MT4 and MT5, though some names may change depending on which terminal you use.
To get log files of the desktop terminal:
- Launch the terminal.
- Click File → Open Data Folder → Logs folder.
There is a separate log file for each day, which you can see from the filename. In this case—“20180101.log”—the log files are from January 1, 2018.
Data about actions performed by Expert Advisors is stored in a separate log file. To find it:
- Click File → Open Data Folder → MQL4/MQL5 → Logs.
If you need to send one or more lines from your terminal logs, you can copy them directly from MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5. To do so:
- Go to the Experts tab or Journal tab (depending on the type of logs you need: Experts for Expert Advisors log files, or Journal for normal log files).
- Right-click on the desired line and click Copy. You can select several lines by pressing Ctrl+Shift on the keyboard.
Once copied, you can send that information to our Support Team via Live chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To generate log files on your Android mobile device:
- Go to Journal in the top left menu.
- Select the dates and tap the letter icon to send it via email. Make sure you change the recipient to email@example.com
In your MetaTrader terminal for iOS:
- Go to Settings → Journal.
- Switch between the dates at the bottom of the window, if needed.
- Copy the text of the log file and paste it into the Live Chat window when talking to our Support Team, or send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have set up an email account in the terminal via the Mail app, you can also click the letter icon and send the log file there. Don’t forget to change the recipient to email@example.com.
In the MT4 or MT5 WebTerminal:
- Go to the Journal tab.
- Right-click and choose Save as file.
A log file will be saved on your computer.
Please note, in all cases, log files can only show actions made on the specific terminal it is downloaded from and will not store information about actions made using a different terminal.
How to get log files on Exness Trade
Follow the steps below to access your log files in Exness Trade:
- Go to the Accounts tab and select Settings (3-Dots icon).
- Click on View Trading Log.
- Select the date of the log.
Note: You can share the logs using the share icon at the top-right of the screen.
- A log file will be saved on your computer.
Please note, log files can be viewed and downloaded for one day only. In all cases, log files can only show actions made on the specific terminal it is downloaded from and will not store information about actions made using a different terminal. Trading logs are stored for 30 calendar days (whether there was or was no activity during those days).
How to get log files on your Personal Area (PA)
To get log files through your web PA, log in to your Personal Area. In the My Accounts tab, click on the 3-dots icon then select Download trading log. Choose the date of trading that you want and click Download.