Exness Terminal is a custom-built trading platform available supporting MT5 trading accounts (real and demo accounts). No installation is required since it is browser-based, while our engineers constantly improve features without the need for updating software.
With full control of your trading account, 100 indicators, 50 drawing tools, and every trading instrument available with Exness, Exness Terminal is a robust browser-based trading solution available exclusively to Exness traders.
How to open the Exness Terminal
- Log in to your Personal Area (PA).
- Click Trade on any MT5 trading account.
- Select Exness Terminal in the pop-up window.
- Exness Terminal will open with that trading account set as active.
If My Accounts is set to grid view, open the 3-dot menu, click Trade then select Exness Terminal.
Exness Terminal features
Select a tab for more about these features available in Exness Terminal
All functions important to trading with Exness Terminal can be found here.
- Change active trading account
- Deposit funds
- One-click trading
- Open orders
- Manage orders
- Trading sentiment
Change active trading account
Only one trading account can be active in Exness Terminal, so it’s important to know how to change the active trading account.
Switch between trading accounts by clicking Manage Accounts from the bottom of the trading account manager dropdown menu.
Open the trading account dropdown to display information about the active trading account including:
- Free Margin
- Margin Level
This information is shown in real-time; follow the link for more about these data points. Deposit and withdrawal options, as well as the trading account transaction history is available here too.
Click the Deposit button to be taken back to your PA where a deposit action can be started with any of the payment methods presented.
This convenient setting lets traders open orders without confirming the order, but must first be activated.
Click the One-Click Trading icon above the order tab. Carefully consider the disclaimer, then click Yes, proceed to turn one-click trading on. You can toggle whether this disclaimer will appear again when activating one-click trading.
Market and pending orders can be opened in many ways. With one-click trading, simply clicking the Buy or Sell icon will open the order with the current settings.
From the orders tab
- Click the Buy or Sell options to open the orders tab.
- The orders tab will present options for the following:
- Volume: set at lots, in currency, or in units
- Pending: toggle between a market and pending order
- Take profit: toggle to set how much profit triggers order closure
- Stop loss: toggle to set how much loss triggers order closure
Click the Confirm button with this information to open the order.
Market orders are added to the Open tab, while pending orders are added to the Pending tab.
Pending orders are canceled if the required margin is unavailable when the order would be opened; a notification is sent in this case.
From the instruments area
- Set the Instruments area to the Grid view mode.
- Click the Buy or Sell options to open that instrument’s orders tab.
- Set the options presented (as shown above), then click Confirm to open the order.
Open orders with the List view mode by clicking the price in the Bid (buy) or Ask (sell) column for the order tab.
You can close, modify, or delete market and pending orders in different ways. For the mobile version of Exness Terminal, orders may appear as cards in the orders area; simply tap these cards to bring up all the options shown below.
To close orders
- Click the X icon for the order item shown in the active chart.
- Click the X icon on any order in the Open or Pending tabs.
- Close all active orders for an instrument by clicking the X icon located at the top-right of the chart (this action needs confirmation).
- Close all market orders by clicking Close all located at the bottom-right of the orders area (this action needs confirmation).
- Learn more about partially closing an order below.
To partially close orders
For open market orders that have a larger than minimum volume for trade, it’s possible to close a smaller portion of the active order. For example, with a 0.02 lot order, 0.01 lot can be closed while 0.01 lot remains open for the order.
- Click the pencil (edit) icon to open the order window, then select the Close tab.
- Enter in the amount to close in the Volume to close field.
- Click Close to confirm.
To edit orders
The pencil (edit) icon will open an order window Modify tab, presenting unique options for market and pending orders. Open the Open or Pending tab for market and pending orders respectively.
Take profit (TP) and stop loss (SL) settings can be amended by clicking that column in the order.
Autoclose refers to the TP and SL settings, with parameters available in asset price, pips, money (currency), or by a percentage amount.
To delete orders
Delete pending orders by clicking the bin icon next to the pending order in the Pending tab.
The upward or downward trend of an instrument’s price is tracked with the trading sentiment feature, located below the Buy/Sell button. The last hour of movement is considered, shown as a bar with blue representing buy and red representing sell sentiment respectively. This data is fully synchronized between web and mobile versions of the Exness Terminal.
The Portfolio area is where orders are displayed in one of 3 tabs: Open, Pending, and Closed.
Order management is the focus of the Portfolio area, with important data points such as the order’s type, volume, open price, current price, take profit, stop loss, open time, swap, and profit and loss are included.
Follow the link to find out more about order management, including opening, closing and modifying orders.
The Open tab shows all open active orders, the Pending tab all the pending orders, and Closed tab shows closed orders from up to the previous 30 days (by default).
Click Show previous 30 days to expand the list of closed orders.
The trading instruments available are collected, sorted and displayed from the Watchlist area.
Open a new chart for any trading instrument by clicking on it in the Watchlist; even multiple charts of the same instrument can be opened this way. Instruments in the Watchlist are shown at the current price and price movement in real-time.
The information shown for each instrument here can be customized by clicking the 3-dot menu and toggling on the data columns you want to see or hide. Instruments can be displayed in Grid or List view. Clicking the 2-arrow icon hides the Watchlist, while clicking the arrow to the left of the chart will expand the Watchlist again.
Click the arrow shown in the Signal column to open the intraday article about that instrument.
Find instruments by either using the search bar or category menu, which includes a customizable favorites list.
Enter an instrument name or code in the search bar; for example, “USD” will show instruments with USD and “Rand” shows instruments including ZAR. Click the instrument to open its chart, or the star icon to add it to the favorites list.
Select a preset category or instrument group from the dropdown menu; preset categories include Popular and Top Movers. Click the instrument to open its chart, or the star icon to add it to the favorites list.
HMR and market close indicators
A three-red-lines symbol shown in the instrument’s column means it is affected by a period of higher margin requirements (HMR). Hovering the mouse over this symbol displays the duration of this HMR period.
We recommend following the link to learn more about higher margin requirements.
When the market is closed for an instrument, a gray prohibited symbol will appear beside it. Hovering the mouse over this symbol will display the time of the market opening. If an HMR period is active during a market close, only the market closed symbol will be shown.
A chart will display the performance of an instrument over a period of time. The chart has many customization options including the type of bars shown to track performance, indicators, and even drawing tools.
- Opening a chart
- Reordering charts
- Closing a chart
- Customizing charts
- Drawing tools
- History replay
Opening a chart
- Click the + icon above the chart.
- Enter the name/symbol of the instrument in the search bar, or select a category from the dropdown menu,
- Select the desired instrument.
- The chart is opened in the chart area.
Alternatively learn about how to customize the favorites list or add instruments with the Watchlist.
Click and drag instrument tabs to reorder your open charts as desired.
Closing a chart
Click the X icon in the top-left corner of the instrument tab.
Settings below the instrument tab give you the options to change the time frame and chart type. Undo any changes by clicking the undo button, or save the current chart settings as a template by clicking Save (enter a template name, then click Save).
Click on Indicators in the chart window and select one from approximately 100 indicators available. Multiple indicators can be added to a single chart; clicking on the ellipsis (...) icon in the indicator label will bring up its customization options.
Click the 4-block icon to save the current selection of indicators as a template; this can be applied to charts by selecting the saved template from the same menu.
Over 50 drawing tools are available from the left-hand bar. Double-click the icon to expand its selection while right-clicking on any active drawing tool will open its customization options.
Click on the bin icon at the bottom of the drawing tools bar, to clear a chart of all drawing actions.
History replay allows you to follow chart movement from a specific point in time to the current time. To replay a chart, click on the rewind button to activate the replay toolbar, then specify a time to jump to it.
The replay toolbar includes these functions:
- Jump to: to select a start point on the chart
- Play: to start replaying history
- Pause: to pause the replay
- Forward: moves time forward by a frame
- To real-time: stops the replay and returns to current time
- Exit: closes the replay toolbar and returns to current time
Push notifications can be created for the Exness Terminal easily and conveniently, all within your browser.
Notifications can be sent for the following events:
- Margin call
- Orders closed due to take profit (TP) and stop loss (SL) settings
- Pending order open
- Change in balance (due to deposits and withdrawals)
- Price jumps or drops
- Price reaching a minimum or maximum amount set
- Forex news and financial events
- Trade analyst news
- Change in document status
- Price alerts
If you do not see the pop-up to turn on notifications on your browser, you can set them up by following these steps:
- Click on the lock icon on the search bar in your browser.
- Click on Site settings.
- Toggle Notifications on or select Allow from the dropdown menu, depending on the options presented by your browser.