Find out how to manage the phone number(s) linked to your Exness account, which will have a linked phone number if you use your mobile phone as your security type.
- Add a phone number
- Change your default phone number
- Remove a phone number
- Change a lost/forgotten phone number
Add a phone number
- Log in to your Exness Personal Area and open Settings.
- Go to Security settings, scroll to 2-step verification, click on Change to open security type, then select +New phone number.
- Complete the checkbox reCaptcha (I'm not a robot) or choose the appropriate image selection and click Verify.
- Enter the new phone number, and click Send me a Code.
- Enter the verification code sent to your new phone number; tap Confirm to complete the process.
- The new phone number has now been added to your account.
Note: there is no limit on how many phone numbers can be registered to your Personal Area, but there is a daily limit of up to 5 for adding new phone numbers.
Change your default phone number
Notifications and verification codes are sent to the phone number set as default, which you can change as required. This option only appears if you already have multiple phone numbers added to your Personal Area, so you will need to follow the steps above to add another phone number first.
- Follow the steps outlined above to add a second phone number.
- Open Settings in your Personal Area.
- Go to Security settings, scroll to 2-step verification, click on Change to see a list of all available numbers, then choose the new phone number as your default.
- A verification code will be sent to your current security type. Input this code, then click Confirm.
- A new default number is now set, and verification codes will be sent to this new phone number when set as your security type.
Important: a phone number that has a country code that does not match the country your Exness account is registered to cannot be added to that Personal Area.
Remove a phone number
At least one phone number must remain active once added to your Exness account, so a phone number cannot be removed if it is the only one registered in your Personal Area. In order to remove a phone number, a second phone number must already exist in the Exness account or another must be added.
Important: you cannot delete a phone number set as your Exness account’s security type or the phone number used when registering your Exness account.
- Open Settings in your Personal Area, go to Profile, and scroll to contact information.
- Click Delete next to the phone number you wish to remove, then refresh the page; this option only appears when there are multiple phone numbers.
- The phone number will no longer be shown.
Change a lost/forgotten phone number
If you do not have access to your phone number anymore and would like to change it, then you will have to contact Exness Support at email@example.com using your registered email address.
If your Exness account has no funds in it, we kindly recommend registering a new Exness account rather than contacting Support to change a lost/forgotten phone number.
Please provide these details when contacting Support:
- Trading account number
- Support PIN or date of birth, and last deposit date to verify the account owner.
- The old phone number, and a new phone number to add as your new security type.
- Exness account verification documents, such as ID, Passport, driver’s license, bank statements, utility bills, and proof of residence.
Visual verification of your identity is important, so a Skype call will be required; please provide your Skype details, including username and Skype ID, as well as a convenient time for the call. If you do not have a Skype account, it is recommended that you sign up for an account.
Please note that withdrawal operations will be unavailable from your Personal Area accounts for 3 business days after the security type is changed.
Why is my account blocked from withdrawal after the phone number is changed?
The payment service or system you are attempting to use may be linked to your old phone number, functionally blocking you from using that payment method. In any case, should your withdrawal be blocked after a number change, please contact Support so that we can assist you further.