Bitcoin deposits and withdrawals are available 24/7 at Exness. In this article, we’ll show you how you can transfer bitcoin from your personal Bitcoin wallet to your Exness Bitcoin wallet:
- How to deposit in bitcoin
- How to withdraw in bitcoin
- Conditions of withdrawal
- Bitcoin FAQs
- About miner’s fees
Here’s what you need to know about making deposits and withdrawals with bitcoin:
|Minimum Deposit||USD 10|
|Maximum Deposit||USD 10 000 000|
You must cover the miner fee.
|Deposit Processing Time*||Up to 72 hours|
|Minimum Withdrawal||Current amount of the miner fee.|
|Maximum Withdrawal||USD 10 000 000|
|Withdrawal Fee||Fee is dynamic and displayed on the withdrawal page. You must cover the miner fee.|
|Withdrawal Processing Time*||Up to 72 hours|
Note: The limits specified above are per transaction unless mentioned otherwise.
Before you can deposit and withdraw with Bitcoin, you will need to create an Exness Bitcoin wallet in your Personal Area. Follow the link for an article on how to set up an Exness Bitcoin wallet.
How to deposit into your Exness Bitcoin wallet
Please note that while we accept deposits from any Bitcoin address, withdrawals can only be made to legacy addresses (Legacy P2PKH) which begin with the number 1.
To deposit with Bitcoin:
- Open the Deposit area of your Exness Personal Area.
- Select Bitcoin, and then copy your unique Bitcoin wallet address or scan the QR code.
- Enter the copied unique Bitcoin wallet address into your personal Bitcoin wallet as the receiving address, the amount to deposit, and miner’s fee, then send once confirmed.
- Your Exness Bitcoin wallet will receive the deposit.
Once your Exness Bitcoin wallet has funds in it, you can make internal transfers between it and any trading account within your PA. You will need to transfer funds back to your Exness Bitcoin wallet in order to withdraw it as bitcoin.
How to withdraw funds from your Exness Bitcoin wallet
- Open the Withdrawal area of your Exness Personal Area.
- Select Bitcoin; you will be asked to provide an external Bitcoin wallet address (this is your personal Bitcoin wallet).
- Find your external wallet address displayed in your personal Bitcoin wallet, and copy this address.
- Enter the external wallet address, and the amount you wish to withdraw, then click Continue.
- A confirmation screen will show all the details of your withdrawal, including any withdrawal fees; if you are satisfied, click Confirm.
- A verification message will be sent to your Exness account’s security type; enter the verification code and then click Confirm.
- One last confirmation message will notify you that the withdrawal is complete and being processed.
Conditions of withdrawal
The most important things to note when withdrawing bitcoin from your Exness Bitcoin wallet:
- The normal rules of refund requests and payment priority apply to Bitcoin; we highly recommend reading more about these rules in our article on everything to know about payments.
- The withdrawal amount must exceed the miner's fee; it cannot be processed otherwise.
- Any balance left in the Exness Bitcoin wallet after withdrawal should equal 0 or exceed the miner's fee. If the remaining balance is less than the miner's fee, an error notification will prevent any withdrawals.
See two withdrawal transactions instead of one?
Withdrawal for bitcoin works in the form of refunds (similar to bank card withdrawals). When you withdraw an amount more than was initially deposited, the system will split that transaction into a refund request and a profit withdrawal; so you will see two transactions instead of one.
For example, say you deposit 4 BTC and make a profit of 1 BTC from trading, giving you a total of 5 BTC in total. If you withdraw 5 BTC, you will see two transactions - one for an amount of 4 BTC (refund of your deposit) and another for 1 BTC (profit).
Can I deposit with one Bitcoin address and withdraw to a different Bitcoin address?
Yes, you can deposit with one Bitcoin address and withdraw using another; there is no limit.
Can I make an internal transfer to another Exness Personal Area if I funded my trading account with bitcoin?
No, this is not possible as deposits made with bitcoin can only be transferred between trading accounts in a single Exness Personal Area.
What types of bitcoin can be used in the Exness Bitcoin wallet?
Only Bitcoin (BTC); Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and all other alternatives are not accepted into the Exness Bitcoin wallet.
Why is my external Bitcoin address returning an invalid error message?
There are three address formats for Bitcoin: beginning with the number 1, 3 or bc1, that represents a possible destination (wallet) for Bitcoin payments. We support addresses starting with 1 for withdrawals, which are legacy addresses (Legacy P2PKH).
About miner fees
Your Bitcoin withdrawal amount must exceed the current miner's fee amount or be the complete balance, or an error notification will appear.
Example: If you have 5 BTC and the current miner fees are 1 BTC, you will be able to withdraw an amount between 1.01 BTC and 3.99 BTC, or 5 BTC.
It is advised that you always indicate the maximum recommended fee to ensure miners process your transaction promptly; the bigger fee you indicate the faster funds will be credited to your trading account. As a rule, the appropriate fee is recommended by BTC wallets.