Whenever a trading account meets a specific period of inactivity, it is added to the archived accounts area of your Personal Area. We have prepared a guide on everything you need to know about these archived trading accounts.
- How a trading account can be archived
- What are the restrictions applied to an archived account?
- What happens to funds in an archived account?
- Restoring archived accounts
- Deleting a trading account
How a trading account can be archived
There are two ways in which an account can be archived:
By the client
As a client, you can choose to manually archive (hide) the accounts currently not in use.
To do so:
- Click on the cog icon to bring up the trading account’s settings.
- Click Archive account.
Real trading accounts for both MT4 and MT5 are archived, and demo trading accounts deleted, when inactive to reduce the load on our servers.
Check out the conditions below:
What are the restrictions applied to an archived account?
An archived account cannot be used for the below functions:
*If you’ve archived the account yourself, it will still be available for trading.
What happens to funds in an archived account?
Funds in an archived trading account are not available for withdrawal unless the account is restored to its active state.
Restoring archived accounts (only for Real accounts)
Real trading accounts that have been archived can be restored with a single click if you wish you use them.
To do so:
- Log in to your Personal Area.
- Select the Archived tab in the My Accounts area.
- Choose the trading account you would like to restore and click Reactivate.
Deleting a trading account
Trading accounts cannot be deleted on request, they can only be archived or hidden. Deletion happens automatically in case of demo trading accounts after a certain period of inactivity.
MT4 demo trading accounts are deleted after 180 days of inactivity, while MT5 demo trading accounts are deleted after 21 days.