When you register with Exness, you are required to enter a few personal details like your name and date of birth. It may so happen that you enter a nickname or worse still, make a typo.
In this article we will take you through what to do when you wish to:
- Rectify a typo in the name submitted during registration
- Change the name given at registration
Rectify a typo in the name submitted during registration
Our specialists always set the account name to match the name given in the documents uploaded for registration. If you have erroneously entered your name, you should proceed to:
- Submit your identification documents which have the right name on them.
- Make sure the documents meet our requirements.
- Once accepted, your account name will be corrected to match your documents.
- You may also optionally send us an email to inform us about the changes required.
Change the name given at registration
Registered under someone else’s name - We always require you to provide accurate information when signing up with us. If you have registered under a wrong name or someone else’s name, it is unfortunately not acceptable. During document verification, the documents will get rejected for complete name mismatch.
Solution: Sign up again with the right credentials and a different email address.
Legally changed your name - If you have undergone a name change legally, we can help you set the right name for your account.
Solution: Send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the proof of the name change and new identity documents. Following this you will also be required to re-upload the identity verification documents in your Personal Area. Once accepted, the name will be corrected on your account.