MT4 and MT5 at once:
Running MT4 and MT5 at once is possible; simply open them both up. The only restriction is that the trading accounts be managed on the appropriate application; MT4-based trading accounts on MT4 and MT5-based trading accounts on MT5.
Multiple MT4/MT5 at once:
It is also possible to run multiple instances of MT4 and MT5 at the same time on the same PC, but this does require some planning. This may be useful to manage multiple trading accounts at the same time since only a single trading account can be managed at a time in the MT4/MT5 applications.
If you would like to manage multiple trading accounts for MT4, it may be easier to use MT4 Multiterminal, but recommend reading the linked article to weigh your options.
How to set up:
The key is installing multiple copies of MT4/MT5 but use different destination folders for each installation; as many different folders are required as the amount of different MT4/MT5 applications you want to run at once. This process works the same for both MT4 and MT5.
- Download MT4 or download MT5 from the Exness website.
- Run the installer, and click Settings when presented in the launcher.
- Change the destination of the Installation folder by clicking Browse.
- Find a location on the PC you desire, then click Make New Folder and select this folder as the destination (you can name this folder whatever you want, but remember the path for launching later).
- Click Next to continue the installation and then Finish once done.
- Log in to MT4/MT5 with a trading account:
- Next, repeat steps 2-6 but choose a different installation folder, and follow the steps to log in for each. You can do this as many times as you need, once per additional MT4/MT5 application, you want open at the same time.
Launching multiple installed MT4/MT5 applications:
You cannot use the shortcut created in the start menu to open different instances of the application. Instead, you will need to locate the .exe file in the installation folder created for each MT4/MT5 application and run it.
For MT4: the .exe file is located in the MT4 root folder and is called: terminal.exe.
For MT5: the .exe file is located in the MT5 root folder and is called: terminal64.exe.
You can right-click the .exe file to Copy, then Paste shortcut wherever is convenient, and then use these shortcuts instead of navigating to the folders each time.