Push notifications allow you to set up alerts that ping to your mobile trading terminal, whether it be MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5, Android or iOS. Follow the instructions below to set up push notifications for your specified platform and trading terminal.
You will need a desktop and mobile version of MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5 to set this up.
- Find your MetaQuotes ID:
- Open MetaTrader 4/5 on your mobile device and log in with a trading account.
- [Android] Select Messages and then tap the MQID button.
- [iOS] Select Chats and Messages; your MetaQuotes ID is shown at the bottom of the screen.
- Copy or save this ID down for the next step.
- Enter your MetaQuotes ID into your MetaTrader 4/5 desktop:
- Log in with your trading account.
- Open the Tools menu, and select Options.
- Choose the Notifications tab and select Enable Push Notifications.
- Enter the MetaQuotes ID where prompted and click Test.
- You should receive a push notification sent to your Messages area in the mobile terminal.
- Set up custom alerts from your desktop terminal:
- Open the Alerts tab in your Terminal window at the bottom.
- Right-click anywhere and select Create.
- Make sure Enable is selected and choose Notification from the Action dropdown menu.
- Customise this alert to your requirements, then click Test; confirm it is working with the push notification sent to your mobile terminal.
- Click OK to complete setting up this custom alert.