It’s easier than ever to fund your Exness account with Yaarpay, a payments system available in India for seamless and secure online transactions. There’s no commission when depositing into your Exness account with this payment option. Withdrawals must be made using bank transfers which are also commission free.
Please see which banks this payment method is available to in your Personal Area when you select this payment method.
Here’s what you need to know about using Yaarpay:
|Minimum Deposit||INR 1 120 / USD 15|
|Maximum Deposit||INR 100 000 / USD 1 360|
|Minimum Withdrawal (with bank transfers)||INR 1 000 per transaction|
|Maximum Withdrawal (with bank transfers)||INR 100 000 per transaction|
|Deposit and Withdrawal Processing Fees||Free|
|Deposit Processing Time||Up to 24 hours|
|Withdrawal Processing Time||Up to 24 hours|
Deposit with Yaarpay
- Go to the Deposit section in your Personal Area, and choose Online bank transfer #1.
- Select the trading account you would like to top up, as well as the deposit amount, then click Next.
- A summary of the transaction will be presented to you; simply click Confirm Payment if you are happy to continue.
- On the redirected page, select a bank from the drop-down menu presented and click Pay.
- You will be taken to the Yaarpay page where you can simply follow the instructions to complete the deposit transaction.
Withdrawal with Bank Transfer
- Select Online bank transfer from the Withdrawal section of your Personal Area.
- Choose the trading account you want to withdraw from, choose your withdrawal currency and enter the withdrawal amount in your account currency. Click Next.
- You will now see a summary of the transaction. Enter the verification code sent to your phone or email, based on your chosen security type. Click Confirm Withdrawal.
- You will now be redirected to a page where you will need to enter the following information:
a. Bank name (choose from the drop-down menu)
b. Indian Financial System Code (IFSC) code
c. Account number
d. Account name.
Ensure you enter the correct IFSC code; if entered incorrectly the system will display the error - IFSC doesn’t belong to the Bank name. Please change IFSC or select another Bank name and try again.
- Click Confirm. Your transaction is now complete.
If you would like to know more about payments in general, read our article for everything you need to know.