Fund your trading accounts with Tether (USDT) from your Personal Area, where it is referred to as Tether USDT ERC20. USDT is a stablecoin, backed by USD and pegged to an exchange rate of USD 1 per USDT; ERC20 is the type of Ethereum token protocol that is used for this payment method.
Note: Deposits and withdrawals are currently unavailable on the Exness Trade app for these cryptocurrencies: Tether, Bitcoin, and USDC.
Note: Making deposits and withdrawals with Tether is unavailable to clients registered with our Kenyan entity.
Please be aware that a fully verified Personal Area is required to use this payment method.
Visit your Personal Area to see the available payment methods, as some may not be available in your region. If a payment method is shown to be “Recommended”, then it has a high rate of success for your registered region.
The Ethereum network recently experienced a change in its mechanisms, where the proof-of-work mechanism changed to a proof-of-stake mechanism for processing transactions; this update is referred to as The Merge. No disruptions on the Ethereum network are predicted due to this change, but be aware of a small chance that processing delays may occur.
Here’s what you need to know about using USDT ERC20:
|Minimum deposit||USD 10|
|Maximum deposit||USD 10 000 000|
|Minimum withdrawal||USD 100|
|Maximum withdrawal||USD 10 000 000|
|Deposit processing time||Average: Instant*
Maximum: up to 1 day
|Withdrawal processing time||Average: Instant*
Maximum: up to 1 day
|Deposit fee||Exness: 0%
Blockchain fees apply
|Withdrawal fee||0% (Exness covers blockchain fees)|
Note:The limits specified above are per transaction unless mentioned otherwise. Please refer to your Personal Area for the most up to date information.
*The term “instant” indicates that a transaction will be carried out within a few seconds without manual processing by our financial department specialists. This does not guarantee that the deposit/withdrawal will be completed instantaneously, but that the process is begun instantly.
Important: It is critical that withdrawals and deposits must be made to/from an ERC20 USDT address on the Ethereum blockchain or funds will be lost and irrecoverable.
Deposit with Tether (USDT ERC20)
- Select Tether USDT ERC20 from the Deposit section of your PA.
- Choose the trading account you would like to deposit into, then click Continue.
- The assigned USDT ERC20 address will be presented, and you will need to send the desired deposit amount from your private wallet to the Exness ERC20 address.
Take care and be exact when depositing to the Exness ERC20 address; funds sent to any other wallet address will be lost and irrecoverable.
- Once this payment is successful, the deposited amount will reflect in your chosen trading account completing the deposit action.
Withdrawal with Tether (USDT ERC20)
- Select Tether USDT ERC20 from the Withdrawal section of your PA.
- Choose the trading account you wish to withdraw from and the amount in USD, as well as your private wallet address; take care to provide this exact or funds may be lost and irrecoverable. Once this form is complete, click Continue.
- A summary of the transaction will be displayed. Enter the verification code sent to you either by email or SMS depending on your Personal Area security type. Click Confirm Withdrawal.
- The amount specified in USD will be credited to your private wallet in USDT ERC20, completing the withdrawal action.
Note: while making withdrawals, an incompatible network address (the Bitcoin blockchain, for example), will return an error message and the transaction will not be allowed.
If your transactions do not reflect in your trading account within the maximum processing time, please contact Support with the details of your deposit or withdrawal handy; any additional particulars to your transaction will help increase our ability to assist you.
If you would like to know more about payments in general, read our article for everything you need to know.