Once you have received the VPS credentials, it is time to connect to it. Follow the steps below or watch the video for your chosen platform.
- Type Remote Desktop Connection in the Start menu and then run this program.
- Enter the IP sent by email when applying for the VPS into the Computer input.
- If you plan on using Expert Advisors (EA), follow these additional steps before continuing.
- Click Show Options in the Remote Desktop Connection window.
- Find the Local Resources tab. Under ‘Local devices and resources’, select More.
- Tick the box closest to the file path where your EAs are located, then click OK.
Note: Exness never has access to any of your personal files through the VPS, so you can be sure they are secure at all times.
- Now click Connect. Enter the username and password sent to you by email when applying for the VPS.
- Finalize the login by clicking OK.
- Download the Microsoft Remote Desktop App from the app store.
- Run the program and click Add PC.
- Enter the IP sent by email when applying for the VPS in the PC Name entry.
- Select the ‘User Account’ dropdown and select Add User Account.
- Enter the username and password sent by email when applying for the VPS and finalize with Add.
- You are returned to the previous screen, where you can click Add to complete this setup.
- Now set up, select and run this remote PC in the Microsoft Remote Desktop app. Click Continue if presented with a confirmation message.
Note: If you enter the login details incorrectly several times, your IP address will be frozen out of the VPS service. If this happens, wait about an hour before trying again.
Congratulations, you are logged in and ready to use the VPS.