If you’re having trouble locating your trading account, we are here to help you out. Read on for tips on resolving this issue and finding your trading account.
For new trading accounts, you may encounter difficulties in locating your trading account right after creating a new account. Here’s how to find it in your Exness Personal Area and Exness Trade App.
Exness Web Personal Area
After creating a trading account, it may take up to 2 seconds for it to appear in the My Account section of your Personal Area.
Here’s how to find it:
- Start by refreshing the page.
- On the My accounts page, select the respective tab based on the type of account you’ve recently created - Real or Demo.
- Scroll down to locate your account.
You can also use the Sort filter to locate your account by newest, oldest, free margin, and nickname.
Exness Trade app
Upon the successful creation of a trading account, you will be redirected to the Accounts tab.
- On the Accounts page, tap on the dropdown menu to reveal the list of accounts you have.
- Select the respective tab based on the type of account you’ve recently created - Real or Demo.
- Scroll down to locate your trading account.
Tip: Setting a unique nickname for your account while creating it can help you find it quicker in a list of accounts. To learn how to give your trading account a nickname, follow this link.
If you log into your Personal Area and noticed that a trading account is completely missing, the most likely reason is that it has been archived due to inactivity.
Here’s how to locate your archived trading account:
- Log into your Personal Area.
- Within the My Accounts page, click on the Archived tab.
- A list of archived accounts will be displayed; if your missing account is located here, simply click Reactivate to make it usable again.
- Once reactivated, head back to either the Real or Demo tab, based on the type of account, to find the reactivated trading account.
Real trading accounts are automatically archived, or in the case of Demo trading accounts, deleted, when not used for a certain period of time. Learn more about archived accounts here.
- Real Accounts: 90 days of inactivity (MT4) or 15 days of inactivity (MT5)
- Demo Accounts: 180 days of inactivity (MT4) or 21 days of inactivity (MT5)
- Demo accounts will be deleted within the defined time, and cannot be restored.
- Archived accounts are not available to be viewed on the Exness Trade App. If you cannot locate a certain account on the app, log into the web PA to check if it has been archived.