If you are facing this issue while installing MT4 on your computer, it may be caused by the failure of Metaquotes' content distribution network (CDN). The goal of a CDN is to serve content to end-users with high availability and high performance.
Proxy request is caused by unavailability of the Metaquotes server closest to the client.
What steps can I take to resolve this?
There are few things that can be done to resolve this issue. Let us look at them one-by-one:
- Make sure you are entering the proxy information correctly. If you are unsure, you may contact our customer support team to help you with it too.
- You may use free proxy servers (for example the ones found on http://free-proxy-list.net). Note that using a proxy server is totally your responsibility. Exness is not liable in case of using any third party platform or software.
- Usually proxy servers found online are in the following format: 18.104.22.168:8080. In this example, 22.214.171.124 is the IP address and the port is 8080.
- Once you have found a proxy address, you can go back to installation and copy the proxy server IP-address and port in the respective fields.
- If no password is available for that proxy server address, it need not be entered during installation.
- It may be possible that the CDN is not working properly for Exness MT4 files (CDN distributes connections for every company's MT4 separately). Wait for a while and try again in an hour’s time. If you are seeing this error for this reason, it will auto-resolve in about an hour.
- If the above steps fail, you can try to install MT4 to a different computer/laptop. You can copy the folders for MT4 installation using a flash card or any other method.