The TOTP (Time-Based One-Time Password) is a necessary step for the verification process for clients in China. The most popular application to generate a TOTP is the Google Authentication app. However, the Google Play Store is unavailable in China. If you are unable to use Google Play Store to download an Authentication app on your mobile device, you can try these alternative methods below.
Clients must have a verified email for the 2-Step verification using the Authentication application.
How to download the Authentication app
If you are unable to use Google Authentication, here are some alternative options to generate a TOTP for both iOS and Android.
Download any of these apps via the App Store:
- Google Authentication (via the App Store)
- Microsoft Authentication
Download Google Authentication app from Google Play using a VPN or download alternative Authentication applications from app stores such as:
How to generate the TOTP
To generate a TOTP, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Personal Area.
- Select Settings from the main menu.
- Click on Security Settings and scroll down to the 2-Step verification.
- Scan the QR code using the Authentication app you have chosen.
- Enter the 6-digit code generated from the Authentication app and click Confirm.
Your 2-Step verification process is now complete. Read more on to know about Security Types for the verification process.