The MT4 Android app is perfect for trading on the go and it’s so easy to set up in a few quick steps:
- Setting up MT4 for Android
- Adding and removing instruments
- To open an order
- To close or modify an order
- Configure charts
Setting up MT4 for Android
The first thing you’ll need to do is download the MT4 app:
Set up MT4
- Tap the main menu button found on the top-left corner of the app.
- Tap Manage Accounts.
- Now select the + icon, then Login to an existing account.
- Type Exness into the search bar and then select the server of your trading account from those presented.
- Enter your trading account number in Login and the trading account password in Password, then tap Sign In.
- Your trading account is now active and listed in the Accounts section of the app.
Adding and Removing Instruments
Click on the Quotes icon on the bottom-left of the screen to bring up the default list of instruments.
Tap + in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select a group of symbols.
- Tap the instrument(s) you want to add.
- When you’ve added the instruments you want to see in the Quotes tab, tap the Back button until you’ve returned to the Quotes tab.
- Tap the pencil (edit) icon located top-right.
- Tap the bin (delete) icon located top-right.
- Select the symbol(s) to be deleted by ticking the boxes.
- Tap the bin icon again to confirm removal.
- Once done, tap the Back button.
To open an order
- Go to Quotes.
- Tap the instrument you want to trade with and then New Order.
- Set your order parameters (Stop Loss, Take Profit, Deviation, etc)
- To execute a market order now, tap Buy by Market or Sell by Market.
- To set a pending order instead, tap Instant Execution or Market Execution (based on your account type and instrument) to bring up a dropdown menu.
- Choose one of the pending order types from the dropdown menu and set your order parameters (Price, Stop Loss, Take Profit, etc).
- Tap Place. You will then receive a notification that the order has been opened successfully.
To close or modify an order
- Tap on the Trade icon.
- Tap an order to see its details (Price, S/L, T/P, order ID, etc).
- Tap and hold the order, then tap either Close Order to close or Modify Order to modify.
- If you close the order, you will receive a notification.
- If you modify the order, settings will be presented for you to change; tap Modify to finalize.
To open a chart for any instrument:
- Go to Quotes.
- Tap the instruments, then select Open chart.
To change chart type:
- Tap Menu, then tap Settings.
- Tap Line type.
- You can use three types of real-time charts in the mobile terminal: Bar chart, Candlestick, and Line chart.
To change timeframe:
- Tap on the chart.
- Select a timeframe from the pop-up. The mobile terminal for Android supports 9 timeframes: M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, D1, W1, and MN.
To add indicators:
- When in a graph, tap the f icon in the top menu.
- Tap f+ next to the Main Chart.
- Select an indicator from those presented.
- Set your preferences for the selected indicator.
- Tap Done.
To get log files from MT4 for Android
Especially useful for troubleshooting, you may be asked to provide log files to debug issues with your MT4 app. Follow the link to find out how to get log files in MT4 for Android.
Congratulations, now you can use your MT4 for Android mobile application with confidence.