The MT4 Android app is perfect for trading on the go and it’s so easy to set up in a few quick steps:
- Setting up MT4 for Android
- Adding and removing instruments
- To open an order
- To close or modify an order
- Configure charts
Setting up MT4 for Android
The first thing you’ll need to do is download the MT4 app from the GooglePlay store or by following this link:
Set up MT4
Adding and Removing Instruments
Click on the Quotes icon on the bottom right of the screen to bring up the default list of instruments.
- Tap + in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select a group of symbols.
- Tap the instrument(s) you want to add.
- When you’ve added the instruments you want to see in the Quotes tab, tap the Back button.
- Tap the edit icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap the basket icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the symbol to be deleted.
- Tap the basket icon in the top right corner of the screen again.
- Once you’ve deleted the instrument(s), tap the Back button.
To open an order
- Go to Quotes.
- Tap the symbol you want to trade and then tap New Order.
- Set your order parameters (i.e. Stop Loss, Take Profit, Deviation, etc.)
- Tap Buy or Sell.
- To set a pending order, tap Instant Execution or Market Execution (based on your account type and trading instrument).
- Choose one of the pending order types from the dropdown menu and set your order parameters (i.e. Price, Stop Loss, Take profit, etc.).
- Tap Place. You will then receive a notification that the order has been opened successfully.
To close or modify an order
- Tap on the Trade icon.
- Tap an order to see its details (Price, S/L, T/P, order ID, etc.).
- Press and hold the order, then tap either Modify position to modify or Close position to close the order.
- You will receive a notification when the order is closed.
To open a chart for any instrument:
- Go to Quotes.
- Tap the instruments, then select Open chart.
To change chart type:
- Tap Menu, then tap Settings.
- Tap Line type.
- You can use three types of real-time charts in the mobile terminal: Bar chart, Candlestick, and Line chart.
To change timeframe:
- Tap on the chart.
- Select a timeframe from the pop-up. The mobile terminal for Android supports 9 timeframes: M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, D1, W1, and MN.
To add indicators:
- Tap the f icon found in the top menu.
- Tap f+ next to the Main Chart.
- Select an indicator from those presented.
- Set your preferences for the selected indicator.
- Tap Done.
Congratulations, now you can use your MT4 for Android mobile application with confidence.