If Android is your mobile operating system of choice, then you’re going to want to download the MetaTrader 5 platform for Android devices.
It’s so easy, we’ll show you how in a few quick steps:
Download, install and configure the MetaTrader 5 App
Place a trade
Click on Quotes to bring up the list of assets. You can add assets to the list by clicking + or remove assets by clicking the pencil and then bin icons.
To open an order:
- Go to Quotes.
- Tap the symbol you want to trade and then tap New Order.
- Set your order parameters (i.e. Stop Loss, Take Profit, Deviation, etc.).
- Tap Buy or Sell.
- To set a pending order, tap Instant Execution or Market Execution (based on your account type and trading instrument).
- Choose one of the pending order types from the dropdown menu and set your order parameters (i.e. Price, Stop Loss, Take profit, etc.).
- Tap Place.
You will then receive a notification that the order has been opened successfully.
To close or modify an order:
- Go to Trade.
- Tap an order to see its details (Price, S/L, T/P, order ID, etc.).
- Press and hold the order, then tap either Modify position to modify or Close position to close the order.
- You will receive a notification when the order is closed.
How to add, remove, or reorder instruments:
It’s really simple to add symbols to the Quotes tab.
- Click on Quotes.
- Click on the + icon, which opens a list of all the instruments not currently in your Quotes window.
- You can search for or tap on the symbols you want to add. They will then be automatically added to the list when tapped.
- Want to remove symbols from the list? Click the pencil and then the bin icons. You can then select all the instruments using the two tick icon, or select individual instruments to remove. You can also reorder the instruments here by dragging and dropping them.
Congratulations, now you can use your MT5 for Android mobile application with confidence.