At Exness, we provide a great variety of payment methods to make your trading day easier. So, what do you need to keep in mind when making your first deposit?
Please note that Exness only accepts payments from accounts in the client's own name. Payments from third party accounts are not accepted.
The Payment method
When making your first deposit, make sure you choose the payment method that is of utmost convenience to you. Here are a few tips on making the right choice:
- Your account currency vs deposit currency: If your deposit currency differs from your trading account currency, funds deposited will be converted into your account currency, at the prevailing foreign exchange rate, before being credited to your account. If your deposit was subject to conversion, you can find the conversion rate that was applied on the payment confirmation page.
If you want to avoid currency conversions, you can deposit funds in the same currency as your account currency. For example, if your account currency is USD, you should deposit in USD to avoid conversions.
Tip: Check the available deposit currencies that are offered by the payment system you plan to use.
- The speed of deposit: The majority of the payment methods that we offer at Exness support instant deposits. What that means for you is that if the payment method you use is instant and your deposit request is accepted, your funds should be credited to your trading account within seconds. For other payment methods, processing times vary from within 24 hours up to 3-5 working days.
You can check the processing times for each payment method in your Personal Area.
- Deposit fees: For the majority of deposits into your Exness trading accounts, there will be no fee. However, for some payment methods there is a minimum amount you must deposit if you want to avoid third party deposit fees. Before making your first deposit, please check for possible third party deposit fees.
Once you have chosen the payment method, it is time to decide how much to deposit. Here is a checklist for you:
- Minimum deposit requirements based on account type: In Exness we have some minimum deposit requirements for certain account types. The amounts can be found here.
- Minimum deposit requirements based on chosen payment method: Some payment methods may have some minimum deposit requirements. Make sure you check out those details here on the website. You will also see an error in the Personal Area while trying to deposit less than the amount permissible by the payment method.
- Leverage and Margin: Since margin for the trades you open will be held based on your chosen leverage, it is a good idea to check if the amount deposited is sufficient to open trades based on your current leverage setting. You may use our Trader’s calculator to calculate margin. For more about margin and leverage, click here.
To learn more about available payment methods and to view our library of how to videos, visit the Payments section of our Help center.
Have difficulty depositing funds? Check out our troubleshooting guide.