You can start trading immediately once you have received your VPS login details, but we recommend taking some time to customize the VPS settings to your needs.
Setting up your preferred timezone
To set up the timezone of your choice:
- Click Start (Windows icon) > Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region.
- Select Date and Time > Change time zone.
Installing an Expert Advisor
Log in to the VPS and follow these steps to install an Expert Advisor (EA):
- Launch MetaTrader 4.
- Click File > Open Data Folder.
- Open the MQL4 folder and paste the files for experts, scripts, and indicators into the corresponding folders (Expert Advisors, Scripts, Indicators).
- Restart MetaTrader 4.
If your EA is a .exe file, save it to your remote desktop and get in touch with our Support Team for assistance.
Restarting the VPS
Restarting VPS can help in the following cases:
- VPS is slow.
- EA has been installed correctly but isn’t working.
- Any other VPS issues.
To restart your VPS:
- Click on Start (Windows icon).
- Click on the power button and choose Restart.