Trouble logging into your trading terminal most commonly results from incorrect credentials or connectivity issues. We will guide you through these errors as well as the best steps to correct them.
Trading account credentials
When logging into your trading terminal (whether logging into MT4 or logging into MT5), the credentials required include:
- Trading account number
- Trading account password
- Trading account server
Inaccurately entering any of these inputs will result in an Authorization Failed or Invalid account error message. Also be reminded that the trading account password is not your Personal Area login password. If you are having trouble finding where your credentials are, follow this link on how to find your trading terminal login and server.
Ensure that you log in to MT4 with an MT4-based trading account and MT5 with an MT5-based trading account, or the log in will fail.
If you are sure you have correctly entered your credentials and are still unable to log in, it may be that the problem is with internet connectivity.
Exness provides services that can mitigate connectivity issues, such as our free VPS service, but in most cases the errors are shown to be ‘no connection’ and ‘common error’.
This could be caused by a few issues, so let’s troubleshoot them.
If your internet connection is unstable, these steps can help you verify the problem:
- Run a speed test to see if this is the problem.
- Double-check your internet cables to ensure they are securely connected.
- Reset your modem/router by turning it off for at least 5 seconds, and then turn it back on.
- Rescan for the trading servers by clicking on the connection bar in the bottom right-hand corner of your trading terminal, and selecting the rescan servers option.
- Ensure your Firewall and Antivirus Software is not blocking your trading terminal from the internet connection.
- In order to solve the Firewall blocking your trading terminal, follow these steps:
i. Add MT4 or MT5 to your Firewall and Antivirus Software exceptions
ii. Disable your firewall and try to log in again.
You may also try using the IP address/DNS to log in to the terminal If you don’t have these details already, the Exness Support team can help you.
This could be happening due to issues on the server side.
This error usually resolves on its own, so it is suggested to wait and try to login again after a while. If the issue still persists, you may try the below steps:
- Try to restart the trading terminal.
- Try to reinstall the trading terminal.
If these steps have not solved the problem with logging into your trading terminal, we kindly ask that you please contact our friendly Support Team for further assistance.