This may be happening due to any of the below reasons. Please check our tips on how to resolve this issue.
Wrong Pending order type chosen
Make sure you have chosen the right pending order and are aware of how entry levels work. Here is a brief guide:
- Buy Stop entry should be set above market price
- Buy Limit entry should be set below market price
- Sell Stop entry should be set below market price
- Sell Limit entry should be set above market price
Wrong direction of Stop Loss or Take Profit
Make sure your SL and TP levels are in the right direction for your chosen order type.
- For Buy orders, SL should be set below opening price while TP should be set above.
- For Sell orders, SL should be set above order opening price while TP should be set below.
Stop Levels not being observed
Make sure you observe stop levels/current spread, while setting up pending order entry and exit points. To learn more about Stop Levels, read our article here.