Your security type is chosen during the registration process and is a measure put in place to prevent unauthorized access to your trading accounts.
The two security types offered are Phone and Email. Let us read about them in detail:
Phone (high security)
When Phone is set as your security type, a verification code is sent to your registered phone number whenever you make a request or transaction requiring verification. You will need to enter the unique SMS code or voice OTP* in the verification field to confirm your request.
Only one security type is active at any one time, and Phone is set by default when you verify a phone number upon registration.
*Voice OTP is a method only available to some regions.
Email (low security)
When email is set as your security type, an email containing a unique confirmation code will be sent to the email address registered to your Exness account. You then simply need to enter the code when prompted.
- In the first 30 days after registration, you can switch from the default set security type (Phone) to Email.
- After 30 days, this change will no longer be available.
Transactions requiring a verification code
Here is a list of actions requiring verification in your Personal Area (PA):
- Changing PA password
- Changing security type
- Restoring PA password
- Changing partner
Here is a list of account-specific actions requiring verification:
- Withdrawing funds
- Changing trading password
Note that this is not an exhaustive list. There may be other actions that require account verification.
How to check your current security type
Follow these steps to find out your current security type:
- Log into your Personal Area.
- Select Settings from the main menu.
- Open the Security settings tab and scroll down.
- You will find your security type listed under the 2-step verification section.
Follow the link for more information on other Exness security features.